Procession of Light
The People’s Procession of Light is back!
This free, fun-filled, family-friendly event will once again illuminate
the streets of Dublin where we invite you to join us on our journey,
bringing families, visitors and locals together to experience the
magical spirit of Ireland!
Kids, grown-ups, families and friends are all welcome to participate in
this very special New Year’s Eve celebration. Help us illuminate the
streets by bringing your own source of light to the procession or
register for our free lantern-making workshops below.
You now have the option to sign up for one of our free children’s
workshops. Members from the award winning spectacle company LUXe will be
conducting master classes on how to make special procession lanterns!
These workshops will take place on December 29th, 30th and 31st in the
Tourist Information Office on Suffolk Street, Dublin 2.
Once the workshop has ended, team members will collect the children’s
creations. Participants are then invited to collect their lanterns from
the registration centre before 5pm on December 31st. To their surprise,
they will find that their lanterns have been magically fitted with a
glowing LED light!
Please note that places for the workshops are limited, we therefore ask
that you only sign up if you are sure you can attend. Workshops are
suitable for children aged seven and up and a guardian is required to be
present at all times.
Procession participants who will not be attending the workshops are
encouraged to bring their own battery or LED operated light sources.
These may include glow sticks or costume items, which are readily found
in shops such as Tesco, Euro2 and IKEA. Please note live flames are not
The Procession will commence at 18.30, we therefore ask that
participants gather between the corners of Grafton Street and Dawson
Street at 18.00. The parade will begin at St. Stephen’s Green; travel
down South William Street and return up Grafton street to finish at St.
Stephen’s Green at 19.45. Spectators will then be treated to a magical
grande finale performance.
Registration for the People's Procession of Light 2013 in now closed.
- Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- While parade participants are encouraged to create and make their own lantern, no naked flame will be permitted in the parade or along the parade route
- Parade participants must adhere to instructions given by NYE stewards in order to comply with Health and Safety Regulations
- No alcohol is allowed in or around the parade route
- All participants must sign in at the Official Dublin NYE 2014 Registration area on December 31st
- Management of NYE 2014 have the right to refuse admission to participate in the parade